2018 Mad Dog Series
Bob Grable, Director
A core group of regular riders on the Mad Dog Series (TMD) recently met and decided on a new format for TMD going forward. With this change I volunteered to be the 2018 Tour Director. Although we enjoyed the old format, the role of Tour Director had become quite a burden with complex rules & scoring system, coordination of materials for scorekeeping, associated communication updates, etc. Our aim was to keep the century ride format for those of us who enjoy riding long distances over great local courses in a safe setting with riders they enjoy being around. We decided to change TMD with the following new format –
· 21 century rides.
· If a rider completes 10 century rides they earn a Mad Dog jersey.
· No scorekeeping to determine winners by end of season.
· The sign-up sheets will determine who completed the ride.
· No requirement to ride the first 5 or last 5 centuries to qualify for the Mad Dog jersey.
· No prologue or time trials.
· Riders must be century fit and capable of riding a 14 mph pace under normal conditions.
· Riders who ride slower than 14 mph are welcome to ride. They must be self supported as the ride captain will not be responsible for sweeping riders who cannot maintain the minimum pace.
· We will not schedule back-up ride dates on the LBC schedule. It will be the ride captain’s call to cancel the ride.
· The OKHT and Horsey Hundred century rides will serve as bonus stages and count towards the ride requirement of 10 to earn a jersey.
The 2018 season begins in March and will run through October.